Myths & Facts About Acne
Acne is a common skin disease faced by many people, male and female, young and adult. It has become a major skin problem that numerous causes were said about acne. Although some are true, there are also misconceptions that can cause a bigger acne problem if not corrected. To sum up, the most effective way to prevent and treat acne is to determine the fact from the myth.
Myth 1. Oils produced by the sebaceous glands or dirt are not contributory factors that can cause acne. The more often you wash the easy it is to get rid of acne.
– Excessive washing can cause dryness and irritation to the skin, thus, it is essential to wash or cleanse your face twice a day with a soap that matches your skin type. To be safe, you can use sensitive skin soap.
Myth 2. Fatty and oily foods can cause acne breakout.
– According to conclusive studies, eating fatty foods has no relation to having acne. But, if you want to experience the full benefits of acne treatment, it is highly endorsed to watch what you eat – healthy food is still the key.
Myth 3. The more you use external and internal medicines, the faster it is to eliminate acne.
– There are many medicines formulated to treat acne but not are all safe to use. In fact, there are some medicines that contain substances that can harm the skin. Hence, it is best to consult a dermatologist first before taking or using any medication for health safety purposes.
Myth 4. Getting tanned will help you get rid of acne faster.
– Exposing your skin to direct sunlight dries, irritates and ages the skin. Again, exposure to the sun takes longer to heal acne.
Myth 5. Stress can trigger hormonal effects and acne.
-It is true but not everyday problems can contribute to acne build up.
Myth 6. One can get rid of acne by squeezing the pimples.
– It is not right to prick the pimples because it will not only irritate the skin but also leaves a dark scar. If the acne is infected, the longer it will heal that could worsen the situation.
Myth 7. Acne will heal on its own.
– With the modern medicine available, there is no reason for acne not to be treated. All you have to do is find the treatment that best suits you.
Myth 8. Makeup use causes acne.
-Women can now wear makeup without the worries of acne breakout. The market is flooded with cosmetic products especially formulated for sensitive skin. Most of all, dermatologists are always ready to provide advice on what type of cosmetic products that perfectly suit you.
Myth 9. Acne is not a deadly disease.
-It may not harm the overall wellness of a person but acne leave scars that can affect the confidence and self-esteem of a person.
Doing research and understanding the problem is the right key towards finding the right solution. Arming yourself with substantial information will lead you to fast, safe and effective acne prevention/treatment.